Wednesday 19 October 2011

America

The first image I chose is of a person with a placard with a caption about the American dream. Firstly because, the first thing that comes to mind when I think of America is the 'Great American Dream'. The fact that the person is faceless almost suggests that the message this person is trying to put across can easily be identified and related to by many Americans today. I found it quite interesting as well that at a time like this when America and their president stands for new hope and perseverance there are still some who beg to differ, and are not seeing this ever evolving America that we all see.




The second image I have chosen as the positive one is a classic American pin up poster. I'm not sure when or where the picture is from but it echoes so many characteristics that creep into my head when I think or hear about America. It has got aspects of firstly Glamour, hard work, an optimistic almost arrogant confidence in the many things they can do for you. "We can fix anything, any make, any model, foreign or domestic". It reinstates that image of America as a land of opportunities for anyone and everybody.
I also thought the use of the colours of the US flag silently screamed that little bit of American patriotism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.